- "Come quick, ranger! Dawdle, and I swear: no reward for you!"
- - Mayor Howlihan
Mayor Howlihan is a mayor that used to be an old ranger. He teaches Dillon and Russ the true meaning of being a ranger. Mayor Howlihan also teaches them the ranger creed, "Practice makes perfect.". In trying to remember the creed, Russ recites, "Cactus makes perfect!", prompting Howlihan to recommend that Russ return to school. He also installed the new weapon's type: Long Cannons.
Mayor Howlihan is an anthropomorphic wolf. Howlihan is canid and almost feral in appearance. His coat is cream-colored around his muzzle and underside, while the rest of his fur is light blue in color not unlike the Weapontower Guard. His left eye has a visible scar over it that extends to his cheek, likely the result of some injury while he was still a ranger. He is shown to wear a black jacket and a thick red scarf.
Mayor Howlihan can be compared to Madame Adler as they are both very strict and order Dillon and Russ not to slack off.
He that used to be a ranger in the past. After an incident involving a robbery, he left his post as ranger.
Quotations (in DRW)
After returning village (in Prep Time) he says:
Mayor Howlihan: - How's it going? Don't skimp on the prep.
After select Donate scruffles in the village (in Prep Time) he says:
Mayor Howlihan: - Scrogs are the key to winning this. Make sure you don't forget that.
After complete a Defense Gate in the village (in Prep Time) he says:
Mayor Howlihan: - Yes, that's great! Maintaining the gate is key.
After select Exit Village (in Prep Time) he says:
Mayor Howlihan: - All right, now git! And don't flub about in the mud, y'hear?
- Howlihan's name is derived from howl, an action often accredited to wolves. It may also be based off of the actual last name, Houlihan.
- Oddly enough, both Howlihan and Dillon have a scar running over their left eye.
- If a Grock Squad approaches the village's gates (during Raid Time), a advice message from the Mayor Howlihan appears in the Top Screen: "Hey! Protect the village!"
- If a Grock Squad invades the village's gates (during Raid Time) and leaves 4 or less Scrogs, a advice message from the Mayor Howlihan appears in the Top Screen: "Is this really happening?"