Raids are the main source of conflict in Dillon's Rolling Western and Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger . Raids begin at sundown when the skies turn red, commencing the appearance of numerous Grocks around a village.
The raids for each village follow a pattern, differing slightly by day. Below is a list under construction of known patterns by village.
Dillon's Rolling Western
- The first three sets of grocks to appear each day, in order, are Footgrocks, Weakgrocks, and another set of Footgrocks.
- 1 Bossgrock appears on the second day, 2 Bossgrocks appear on the third.
- The most attacked towers in Cinchville are Gun Tower 6 and Watchtower 3.
- While preparing for the raid, you may run into Snaggrocks or Veggrocks for the first time. Though meeting either type of grock is unlikely during a raid, they will impede Dillon's progress here and in subsequent villages in preparing for them.
- Gungrocks appear every day, positioning themselves by a river and attacking distant towers normally unreached by grocks and out of the range of the towers themselves.
- The most attacked towers are Gun Towers 1,3, and 4.
- Goldgrocks first appear. Though they primarily appear in the daytime, later stages have Goldgrocks that appear during raids.
- On the second and third days, you will have to deal with the Megagrock, which will quickly wipe out towers if not dealt with.
- 2 Megagrocks appear on the 3rd day.
- The first Megagrock to appear, on the second day, will attempt to destroy Gun Tower 4 first. This means that if Dillon wants to pass Colonel Buster's quest, he must destroy the Megagrock before it can take out the tower.
- The first grocks to appear each day are Motogrocks.
- On Day 2, Diregrocks are introduced and appear every subsequent day, slowly replacing Bossgrocks.
- Day 1 introduces Stronggrocks.
- This village is the first time where Goldgrocks appear during raids.
- Springgrocks are introduced on the second day of the raid in the beginning, and appear in the beginning of the third day as well.
- Magmagrock first appear late into the 1st day.
- Megagrocks make a reappearance on the second and third days, in an almost identical fashion to their appearance in the Rio Grande (one on the 2nd day and two on the 3rd day.)
- Diggrocks appear for the first time, replacing Gungrocks for good.
- No new grocks appear during the raids, unless you didn't run into Snaggrocks, Veggrock, or the Red Veggrock.
- Bossgrock appear after a long absence after Diregrocks were introduced.
- During all 3 days, the first grocks that appear are Stronggrocks which appear north-west from the village.
- Here the last boss, the Ultimogrock, is fought on the final day.
- No grocks are fought here; rather, Dillon fights King Ron's Mecha-Barrel instead.
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
- The first grock always appears from the north den near the edge of the mesa.
- In day 3, the den closest to the village will have footgrocks heading to the village, making sure Dillon was paying attention to all dens.
- The first grock always appears from the most northern den near the first watchtower.
- In the Last Ranger, once the Train gets to the village and there are still some grocks in the field, all the grocks seem to go faster slightly.