|Featured in||Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger|
|Featured Grocks||Snaggrock and Ramgrock|
|Quest 1||Super-Duper Dash|
|Quest 2||Prescription 2: Rainy Mint|
|Quest 3||The "Block S" Tactic|
- "We're surrounded by grocks! What do we do?! we can't handle this on our own. If only a ranger would step up and help!"
Side Stage 2: "I'm Number One!" is the fourth Stage following Main Stage 1: "Operation: Railroad Rescue" in the game, Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger. This is also the second Side Stage that involves getting a partner. Dillon and Russ continue their quest and they come across a careless character that helps them out.
Evan: I'm evan, the village chief. Thank you for coming!
Russ: Nice to meet you. I'm Russ. This is Dillon.
Evan: I don't know if you took notice, but our village has a somewhat unique layout.
- We've got gates on all four sides of the village--north, south, east, and west.
- When we built this village, we reckoned all those doors would be pretty convenient.
- But once the grocks arrived, all those entryways have become a source of anxiety.
- Luckily, there are some old stone pillars down the way from the village gates.
- If you were to use some dynamite to bring them down and turn them into obstacles.
- It would surely hinder the grock invasion, don't you think?
- On the downside, once you knock 'em down, they are down for good.
- And if the grocks get at 'em, they'll eventually be able to break through.
- So think carefully about the strategically correct time to knock them down.
Russ: I get it... Dillon... That's a big responsibility, isn't it?
Evan: Here's some dynamite. I've got one bundle for you.
- Hope you're able to find a way to use this to help protect our village.
Russ: Hey, Dillon. Can you believe it? We got a parcel in the mail!
- Whoa! The Armedo Buckle! Didn't we get this last year?
- There is a letter... "To Mr. Dillon,
Writing from Cappy: "Enclosed, please find that ancient buckle I gave to you last year.
- "I never thought I would find it at a pawn shop!"
Russ: Uh-oh. This is bad... He found out that we sold it, Dillon!
Writing from Cappy: "I admit, I do not understand how it works, but it contains the power of the ancients..."
- "Then this could once again be the time to use it."
- "Yours truly, Louis Cappy, Governor of the Western Frontier Lands"
Russ: Huh. Try it on. Does it seem any different than before?
- The ancient vortex symbol has awoken Dillon's instincts.
- Dillon has learned the battle skill Arma-Mode!
- When the Arma-Energy gauge is full, press up on the +Control Pad to activate it!
- For a brief time, Dillon will be invincible...
- And his grind attack will be powered up considerably!
- You can review these controls in the Game Guide.
Russ: Hey, Dillon? That belt buckle..it did change, didn't it?
- Yeah, I get it! I bet when you fight the grocks,
- you can become even stronger than normal using this skill!
- That is simply awesome!
[After 5 minutes in the plains.]
Russ: Did you hear that? It’s almost time...
- If you wanna go to the village, go now!
[After 6 minutes in the plains.]
Russ: - Watch out! The grocks are coming!
Free Time (Saloon) Day 1